Candidate for Pennsyvlvania District Governor-Elect
2017 – 18 CANDIDATE FOR GOVERNOR-ELECT PHILIP F. WEBER, JR. (“PHIL”)
* First involved with the Kiwanis family with the Bayonne, NJ High School Key Club, served as President from 1967 – 68. He received a lot of support from the sponsoring Kiwanis Club and was mentored by a number of the Kiwanians.
* Joined the Emmaus Kiwanis Club in 2000, served as President in 2005 – 06. Currently serves as Secretary/Treasurer for the newly established Emmaus Kiwanis Foundation, and is an advisor to the Emmaus High School Key Club. At the District level, served as Division 18 Lt. Governor from 2014 – 15, and is currently the Youth Protection Manager.
Other Civic Work
In the years before and during his Kiwanis membership, had the privilege to lead a number of other professional, youth and civic organizations:
* President, Lehigh Valley Chapter, Institute of Industrial Engineers
* Vice-Chair, Lehigh University Alumni Reunion Committee (20 years)
* Member, Lehigh University Alumni Association Board of Directors
* Chief, AllentownYMCA Indian Princess (Father/Daughter) and Indian Guides (Father/Son) programs
* Pack 25 Leader, Minsi Trails Council,BSA
* Chairman, Board of Directors, The Literacy Center of the Lehigh Valley
Professional & Educational Background
* Lehigh University, Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
* Lehigh University, Master of Science in Management Science
* Registered Professional Engineer
* Retired in 2009 after a 35 year career withPPL Electric Utilities, working in supervisory and management positions in diverse areas of planning and operations.
* After retirement, began his second career as an Engineering and Management consultant, working for clients throughout the US and Canada.
* In 2016, having turned 65, decided that being a grandfather and active Kiwanian was much more rewarding (emotionally) than consulting, and closed that chapter of his career to begin the next.
* Married for 38 years to Maryann, with whom they have two adult children.
As Governor-Elect & Governor
* Strong support forSLP programs as developers of not only youth leaders but also future Kiwanis leaders.
* Strengthen existing clubs both in membership and appropriate service projects.
* Build new clubs in areas that are underserved by service organizations, including moribund Kiwanis clubs.
* Strengthen the communication between District Leadership and Club Leadership.
* Seek understanding about the District/Division leadership gaps (unfilled positions), and how the District could address them.